What Is OriginTrail (TRAC)?
OriginTrail enables seamless data sharing along any supply chain. The decentralized, blockchain-supported network protocol ensures trust, transparency, and security. It helps companies exchange relevant data seamlessly and in a secure way to build accountability, protect their brands and increase efficiencies.
OriginTrail’s mission is to be able to bring trust into supply chains. Increased transparency, that benefits consumers as well as brands alike and has positive results on the general business environment. It is based on the ERC20 token standard.
- Standards for data exchange: Providing interoperability for easy use of globally recognized GS1 standards for supply chain data exchange and common IoT protocols.
- OriginTrail Data Storage: Decentralised graph database is utilized for top-level performance, scalability, and cost-efficiency. It allows for fast and simple manipulation of sophisticated hierarchical supply chain data.
- Consensus checks within supply chains: Ensuring data integrity by cross-reference checks of independently provided data inside a supply chain making use of zero-knowledge proof methodology.
- Tamper-proof blockchain agnostic system: OriginTrail utilizes blockchain of users the choice to provide the data mutability protection layer.
- Trace token network: The Trace token is the means of compensation between supply chain data producers and data consumers on one side and the OriginTrail node holders on the other. It provides the incentive to the nodes in the peer to peer network to perform the system functionalities. Awards, determined by bidding, are without additional arbitrary fees.
Roadmap 2018 For TRAC
How To Buy OriginTrail
If you are looking to buy OriginTrail, we would suggest using a leading trading platform such as HitBTC. Users do leave their tokens on trading platforms, however, you must consider and weigh up the risks in doing so. Large exchanges are at risk of being hacked, so you must take account security seriously. I would not recommend leaving you OriginTrail tokens on the HitBTC exchange, instead transfer them to your own safe and secure wallet (see below).
Which OriginTrail Wallet To Use?
As mention earlier, this token is based on ERC20 token standard. Within this guide, I will be using the easiest and most convenient wallet for storing your TRAC coins. MyEtherWallet (which can store any coin ERC20 Tokens, including OriginTrail. For extra security, we would strongly suggest using a hardware wallet including the Trezor or the Nano Ledger. I personally own 2 x Trezor hard wallets and find these devices are incredibly simple to use.
Sign Up For HitBTC
To create a new account, go to the main page of the site here. Then click the “Register” button in the upper right corner. By clicking this link, you’ll be taken to the registration page, where you will need to fill in the required fields.
Please enter your valid email address in the ‘Email’ field. Your email is your unique identifier on here. Once it’s used to create an account, it wouldn’t be possible to change it.
Set up a password in the “Password” field. Please note that your password must be strong, consisting of more than 8 characters with uppercase, lowercase and numeric characters. After filling all fields hit “Register”.
Your new account needs to get activated (this is necessary to confirm that the e-mail address you have provided really belongs to you). Please check your email – there’s the message from us. This message is sent immediately after registration, so if you do not receive it within 5 minutes, please check the spam folder.
Inside this email, you will find a link to activate your account. Just proceed to it by clicking on the link or copy it to the address bar of your browser.
After that, you will be taken to the HitBTC trading terminal. Your account is now active.
How To Secure Your HitBTC Account
Enabling 2-factor authentication is an important basic security feature. To set up 2FA on your here, you will need to open the “Settings” page in the upper right corner of the website and switch to the ‘Security’ tab.
HitBTC will also offer you other features in security control center – use them.
- E-mail notifications about new IP logins: If the account is being logged in from a new IP, an email notification is sent. If you get one, take immediate action.
- Terminating all your sessions: That is a way to kick potential intruders out from your account. All active sessions, except yours, will be ended. To make it happen, go to the “Settings” page and select the “Security” tab and click on “Terminate all sessions” button.
- Automatic logout: To enable Automatic log out, go to your Settings page. Then select the “Security” tab and click on the drop-down menu pick the time that suits you.
- Latest activity: HitBTC gives you an opportunity to track all actions made on your behalf. Proceed to “Settings” page, on the “Security” tab. Signing in, changing the password, enabling or disabling 2FA, coin withdrawing and other important events are being logged there – keep an eye on them and take action if you see anything you don’t recognize.
Deposit Funds Into Your HitBTC Account
To begin with, you will need to generate wallet address. In order to do that, please go to your Account page or just click the green “Deposit” button depicted below.
Find the currency you want to deposit and click the fund button. This will generate your wallet address. Take a look at our exchange overview page if you need to buy BitCoin or Ethereum. You don’t have to use crypto if you prefer you can deposit fiat into your account.
You will have to use this address to initiate a transaction from your personal wallet or from a coin exchange website. Please be aware that for each of the coins in your account there’s a separate unique address. If you accidentally send say Bitcoin Cash to your Bitcoin address – it will be lost forever.
As soon as your funds reach here, you will get a pending transaction notification at the very bottom the Account page, in the “Latest transactions” section. Your funds should be available shortly. Please be aware that BitCoin transactions will take longer than Ethereum transactions.
How To Trade TRAC On HitBTC
To start trading, you would need transfer funds from your “Main account” to your “Trading account”. To do this, click the blue arrow between the accounts. Specify the desired amount and click “Transfer”.
After your funds have been transferred to the Trading account, go to the trading terminal, choose the trading pair which includes your deposited funds and TRAC in the Instruments section of the dashboard (i.e. ETH and TRAC or BTC and TRAC and other trading pairs on offer).
There are 4 types of orders available on HitBTC: market, limit, stop, stop limit. The quickest option is market, which means you are buying TRAC at the current market rate. So select market and click”Buy” to perform the trade.
Withdraw OriginTrail From Your HitBTC Account
To withdraw your OriginTrail coins, go to the account tab. From here you need to go to the “Withdraw” column. and select TRAC.
Make the amount of OriginTrail you want to withdraw is available in the main account. If it is not, will need to transfer it from the trading account.
Specify the amount of OriginTrail you’d like to withdraw and paste your MyEtherWallet address to the “Address” field. Please make sure that you’re using the correct address. Please take note that once OriginTrail have been sent, you can’t reverse the transaction.
After you hit the “Withdraw” button and type the authentication code (if 2FA for withdrawals is enabled), the following notification is going to be displayed: “You withdrawal request requires a confirmation by e-mail.” Go to your email inbox and find a new message from here Support which will is titled “Withdraw verification”. That’s it, you OriginTrail trade has been completed.
Similar project: INS Ecosystem